Cornerstone Creative Studios is looking for those interested in creating something special...
Here’s our pitch... in it’s entirety... Make sure you read all of it carefully, know that the studio is NOT an agency that looks for work but a studio that creates for themselves as well
Read dialog below if interested at this point, note: lot to read and take in but could pay off if truly passionate, got the ability to follow through and the drive to really create and be seen...
Thank you for your interest in the Cornestone Creative Studios.
Our Mission Statement:
Cornerstone Studios is to be an Avenue for promoting talent which is dedicated to quality and excellence in the multiple realms of art with a professional mindset.
To allow an avenue of artistic license and create a form of self support through revenue venues and creative processes.
We are here to help talented individuals get the exposure they need to become forces of their own and make an impact in the art world.
I started a studio a long time ago called the Cadre Corner Studios. We had at one point, over 47 members with everything from writers to letterers.
We self published a number of titles and worked on a ton of others’ books as well in that time. I, myself, have been published in over 30 comic books, magazines and periodicals including Cracked Magazine. I’ve been on hiatus for a few years now with the birth of my son, Cadre. Now that he is a bit older (turning 4 in June)... I’ve come back into the industry along with
relaunching the studio... now to be called Cornerstone Creative Studios.
What we provide for our members:
1. Personal email accounts dedicated to CCS developments, interactions and the like...
ie: insert your name email@example.com
2. A dedicated thread on the forums of the site to promote, talk about whatever or chill at.
3. An online portfolio that you manage yourself to show off what you do best for potential clients.
4. A NEWS page to spread the word on upcoming projects and or projects in progress.
This page is tied in with our Twitter and Facebook accounts and thus we will be hitting all the different social networks at the same time to get max
5. Other professionals, many of which have been in the industry for some time now, that you can collaborate with, interact with, critique and be critiqued by to better hone your own skills as well as theirs.
6. A storefront... another way to make some money... necessary evil in this world we live in... gotta pay the bills after all, so the studio you are part of should help bring in revenue. The store is to be used for selling prints, books you’ve been published in, merchandising for projects you’ve worked on, sketches and sketch books... you name it, sell it here.
All this and more in the works... not to mention when a group of talented individuals band together, it can only help the individuals grow and become a factor or have impact on the industry as a whole.
Now, you ask, what is the catch... what does the studio get out of all this?
Rightly so if you ask that question... answer:
1. I firmly believe in the power of the group vs single/solo act dynamic. I’ve seen it in effect many times regarding the former studio of Cadre Corner Studios. We became pretty well known and a much liked stable at many shows in large part to the number we represented and the professionality we showed.
2. When many are gathered in one group, they show an impact stronger than any one individual can... that helps ALL members individually as well.
3. Being part of a collective is what I believe in... when I got my feet wet in the industry, it’s always been my plan to help others... just ask anyone that knows me personally.
4. Money to be made... see, I don’t ask for anything really... If prints are made through the studio or books under the studio banner name... then the studio recoups any costs that it pays out to make said products... ie: prints. Then it takes a very very small percentage to help the studio
grow all while the individual seller does nothing but sit back, upload artwork from time to time to the store front and when sales are made, they have the funds transferred to their paypal account on a monthly basis along with documentation as to what sold and how many.
We ask that when a job is accepted or acquired by way of the studio, that you evaluate what you can afford to put back into the studio for it’s effort and part in said acquisition of job.
We understand you are doing this as a way to make a living and must pay bills first… we’re not an agency and as such, we don’t enforce anything being donated back into the studio unless you yourself deem appropriate and possible.
(Agent fees and negotiations are determined differently once that takes place… I am an agent, but not the studio, let the be known as well... details and questions can be discussed privately)
“We don’t offer guarantees, only opportunities!”
5. We are also hoping to become a self-publisher... that being said, we ask for short stories to be part of the Cornerstone Quarterly series which will be a quarterly book showcasing the talent of the studio members and helping to provide an outlet for all the creativity within. We also as a publisher hope that if anyone has a title they want published, that they attach the studio name to it to help promote the studio as a whole and spread the word... that also helps people be aware that we can create things for them as well. With that, we would continue to promote said title and in fact make it available through the store and in digital format as well for sale. We do this already but would make a much more concentrated effort if our name is attached to it in some way.
We’re currtnely developing our own universe in which will house our creative ideas and branch out to titles of our own that are all intertwined and connected to create a feasible and interesting concoction of ideas. We ask that members partake and be part of that creative process as well.
6. Represent the studio at shows and conventions... be professional and act responsibly because you are to be part of something larger than yourself... we ask this of everyone involved with the studio. Just good business.
7. We are currently up to approximately 51 active members and producing our own universe in which the main title is in the creation stage and we hope to launch additional titles from this endeavor in order to be recognized for the creative talent within the studio as a whole as well...
always looking for contributors within the studio to make the most impact.
We are accepting pitches and character concept idea at this time too to help expand the before mentioned universe as we continue to develop our own standard.
So, with ALL of that in mind and to process... we’re interested to see if you want to be part of something like this.
If so, email us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on facebook (link below).
Jesse “Cadre” Hansen
Cornerstone Creative Studioswww.cornerstonecreativestudios…www.facebook.com/CornerstoneCr…